My friend Lila Anna gave me this recipe on Friday during our semi-regular morning at Starbucks. In fact, I scribbled it on the back on a Starbucks receipt. She says that even her kids love this, and it gets better the longer it sits.
I just made this for a cookout with my family later this evening, but early tastings were promising!
- Kale, one bunch (I used bagged kale, one bag – stems)
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1/4 c lemon juice
- 1/4 c honey or agave nectar
- 1 mango, cubed (I added a little extra)
- 1/4 c. sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- Wash kale. Remove stems, cut into smaller pieces.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, honey/agave. Whisk well, drizzle over kale.
- Massage kale and drizzle under kale wilts. (About 3-4 minutes.)
- Cube mango, add to kale.
- Stir in sunflower/pumpkin seeds.
- Refrigerate up to four hours before serving.