As someone who packs food nearly every day, I’ve used my share of plastic bags, reusable containers, and various and sundry lunch totes. If I’m going to pack my meals, I’m going to take them in style, but I haven’t found anything as cute and hip as I did last week in Madison, Wisconsin — snackTaxis, the original reusable bags for snacks and sandwiches since 2003.
I saw the snackTAXIs at a darling store, Anthology, where I had the hardest time picking from the many retro style fabric bags. I decided on “Suburbia,” but since there was only one in stock, I saved the tag so I could order more online. Today, I’ve ordered a couple more, all in coordinating fabrics to mix and match.
A little food for thought:
- The US alone adds 20 million plastic baggies to landfills every single day, and each reusable bag you use keeps as many as 1000 bags out of the waste stream.
- snackTAXIs are machine washable, as well as free of lead, phthalates and BPA.
- Even better, they come in two sizes — snack and sandwich — and a variety of retro hip fabrics.
- You can find snackTAXIs in retail locations and online.
- They also offer a great way for schools and nonprofit organizations to raise money.
I don’t know about you, but I’m sold!
Check out snackTAXI; you’ll be glad you did!