There is a great graphic in the January 2014 Prevention that illustrates how one workout yields nine rewards. The graphic is an excerpt from The Exercise Cure by Jordan D. Metzl, MD, but I can’t find it anywhere online. Here is my less creative version of the information, which is a good reminder. It’s not always easy to get in that one workout, but it’s certainly well worth the effort.
Do Your Workout Today:
- Feel incredible afterward.
- Refuel with good food.
- Have more energy and a better mood all day.
- Burn more oxygen and calories post-workout with “after burn.”
- Sleep deeper.
- Feel great in the morning.
- Notice sharper mental performance at work.
- Everyday activities, like climbing stairs, are easier.
- Feeling stronger, you look forward to working out, which helps you get stronger still.