Today was my assessment at Doctors Wellness, and tomorrow, I officially start the LEAN program.
Fitness Assessement: Met with Paul. He took some readings and measurements, and then I did a fitness test on the treadmill. He explained that he was once overweight and didn’t eat well, which is nice to know. We chatted about the program, and he introduced me to others at the facility, both clients and staff.
Nutrition Assessment: Met with Traci. She took another set of measurements and asked me a lot of questions. There were some good things that I already do:
- I gave up sodas for water seven days ago.
- I started drinking soy milk about a week ago.
- I eat regularly, i.e. don’t skip meals.
- I bring food from home for lunch on a semi-regular basis.
Traci gave me some handouts and assigned some reading: Eat to Live by Joel Fuhrman, MD. My goals for the next week are:
- Diet recall, i.e. record everything I eat.
- Eat every three to four hours.
- Think how I might be able to eat fewer animal products.
- Move 30 minutes every day.
After my two hours at Doctors Wellness, I went to Publix to buy some food for the coming week. I may end up going to the grocery store every day or so at first, but my thought is to simply take one day at a time. I also went to Books A Million to get Eat to Live. I also got a copy for Mom, as I hope both she and Sister can share in what I’m learning.